IF

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP ISLAND ILPS9129 (UK) (1970)
LP CAPITOL CAST539 (US) (1970)
CD REPERTOIRE (2006)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

Buy IF If Music

$9.25

Embrace - If You've Never Been (CD 2001) NEW USD $13.22 Buy It Now
ORIOLES If you believe Longing Jubilee 78 rpm USD $19.99 Buy It Now
The Dixie Dregs - What If [New CD] USD $13.53 Buy It Now
Vern Gosdin- If Jesus Comes Tomorrow, What Then LP (1984 Vinyl VG+) USD $6.13 Buy It Now
If I can Dream elvis eta jumpsuit scarf all color rockabilly neck USD $7.28 Buy It Now
GIORGIO MORODER - If You Weren't Afraid - Ex Con 12" Single Oasis OASIS 6 12 USD $9.24 Buy It Now
MICHAEL FEINSTEIN - Nice Work If You Can Get it - Songs By The Gershwins CD USD $3.05 Buy It Now
Phil Reynolds & the Dearly Departed: If My Feet Were Fingers CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now
MUSCLES: IF IT RELAXES YOUR MIND/MUSIC IS OUR MESSAGE 7" VINYL USD $3.97 Buy It Now
DAVID GATES - 70's Original Sheet Music - IF USD $13.24 Buy It Now
78 Rpm Record Doris Day Anyone Can Fall In Love / If I Give My Heart To You USD $18.93 Buy It Now
DON GIBSON - IF YOU EVER GET TO HOUSTON Look Me Down LP (Vinyl EX) 1977 USD $8.38 Buy It Now
EMERSON DRIVE "What If?" NEW SEALED C&W CD---1 of last 3 left !!!! USD $4.99 Buy It Now
IF ONLY YOU WERE LONELY - HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS - CD USD $5.28 Buy It Now
MICHELLE SHOCKED if love was a train LONX 212 uk london 1988 12" PS EX+/EX USD $10.58 Buy It Now
THE TROGGS - You Can Cry If You Want To-Original 1968 French 7" vinyl single,p/s USD $22.50 Buy It Now
IF-JEALOUSY12inch Hi Nrg / italo disco Record USD $129.99 Buy It Now
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS wishing if i had a photograph of you/committed 7" PS EX/VG USD $9.26 Buy It Now
Hank Thompson F3030 45-12391 If lovin you is wrong Annie Over Capital 7" USD $2.50 Buy It Now
If I Was Midge Ure Vinyl Record USD $13.18 Buy It Now
Val Doonican - If The Whole World Stopped Lovin' - Pye 7N-17396 Ex+ Condition USD $3.48 Buy It Now
JAMES RAY It's Been a Drag/IF YOU GOTTA MAKE A FOOL OF SOMEBODY Caprice 45 Pop/R USD $19.95 Buy It Now
JOHNNY ADAMS - Reconsider Me / If I Could See You One More Time 1969 SOUL 7" sss USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Georgia Gibbs ?- Seven Lonely Days / If You Take My Heart Away USD $6.62 [0 bids]
ELKIE BROOKS CHRIS REA " FOOL IF YOU THINK IT'S OVER " EX VINTAGE 45 RPM USD $0.66 [0 bids]
Voice Of The Beehive - Monsters And Angels / Only If You Want To - 869428.7 Ex+ USD $3.33 Buy It Now
Barry Manilow - Even Now - 1978If I Should Love Again - 1981 LP VINYL USD $3.25 [0 bids]
LEE TILLMAN - "WILL TRAVEL" b/w "IF I EVER" on RON (M-) USD $100.00 Buy It Now
Odyssey - If You're Lookin For A Way Out / Never Had It At All, RCA PB-9604 Ex USD $5.56 Buy It Now
CHICAGO: "IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW" / "TOGETHER AGAIN" 1976 45 RPM #3-10390 NEAR MINT USD $8.95 Buy It Now
COG-WHAT IF (AUS) CDS NEW USD $13.95 Buy It Now
FIVE - IF YA GETTIN' DOWN - LTD EDITION CD SINGLE & POSTER USD $2.64 Buy It Now
D'LOW - IF EVER.... - 3 TRACK HIP HOP CD SINGLE USD $2.64 Buy It Now
KEN DODD Pianissimo / If My Heart Was A Ship (On The Ocean) 7" 45 single 1962 NM USD $3.96 Buy It Now
VAL DOONICAN " IF THE WHOLE WORLD STOPPED LOVIN' " EX VINTAGE 45 RPM USD $0.66 [0 bids]
10" 78 RPM RECORDS PERRY COMO IM GOONA LOVE THAT GIRL/IF I LOVED YOU USD $8.99 Buy It Now
Harry Chapin - If You Want To Feel, Elektra K-12308 Ex+ Condition A1/B1 USD $6.96 Buy It Now
CROSSROADS QUARTET~ HE'S SO GOOD TO ME~ VG~IF GOD ISN'T REAL~ PROMO~~ GOSPEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now
GEORGE HAMILTON IV~ A ROSE AND A BABY RUTH~ VG+~ IF YOU DON'T KNOW~ ABC ~ 78 USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Drake - If Youre Reading This Its Too Late [CD] USD $8.28 Buy It Now
BARBRA STREISAND / VINCE GILL - IF YOU EVER LEAVE ME - UK CD SINGLE USD $2.64 Buy It Now
Scavengers In The Matrix_Various Artists CD Compilation [UK]_(If It Moves_1994) USD $3.98 Buy It Now
CHICAGO /IF LEAVE ME NOW / TOGETHER AGAIN -7ins SINGLE USD $0.65 [0 bids]
Brooks & Dunn CD Lot borderline/tight rope/waitin on sundown/if you see her USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Topol ?- If I Were A Rich Man CBS Records 202651 UK 7inch Vinyl 45 Single USD $13.20 Buy It Now
You Don't Stand A Chance If You Can't Dance Jimmy James and The Vagabonds Viny USD $22.45 Buy It Now
If Only You Were Lonely Hawthorne Heights Audio CD USD $0.99 Buy It Now
ROD STEWART IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG 1977 UK 7" 45RPM RIVA23 NEAR MINT USD $5.23 Buy It Now
JIMMY SOUL if you wanna be happy*don't release me 1963 US S.P.Q.R. PS 45 USD $17.20 Buy It Now
The Dixie Dregs - What If [New CD] USD $13.39 Buy It Now
FABULOUS WUNZ:If I Cry 2:00- Please 1:44-U.S. 7" 1966 Pyramid 6- 6934,N.C.Garage USD $98.98 Buy It Now
Dermot Henry and The Virginians - If Those Lips Could Only Speak Irish 1970 7" USD $9.93 Buy It Now
STEVIE WONDER - Lately / If It's Magic - JUKEBOX READY - Tamla T-54323F Ex USD $3.83 Buy It Now
FIVE IF YA GETTIN' DOWN CD SINGLE (NO POSTER) 3F USD $2.24 Buy It Now
DIANA ROSS IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER CD1 CD SINGLE 5B USD $3.30 Buy It Now
KING OF THE HILL IF I SAY CD SINGLE 4J USD $3.30 Buy It Now
LIGHTNING SEEDS WHAT IF 4 TRACK CD SINGLE DIGIPACK 4D USD $3.30 Buy It Now
MN8 IF YOU ONLY LET ME IN CD SINGLE 3F USD $2.24 Buy It Now
Elvis Presley 45 - RCA 47-8950 If Every Day Was Like Xmas b/w How Would You Like USD $48.00 [0 bids]
GREGORY ISAACS-IF BY CHANCE/VERSION-YAMMIE RECORDS-12"-ORIGINAL-REGGAE-45 RPM-VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now
THE STYLISTICS - You'll never get to heaven (if you break my heart) - 1975 UK 7" USD $13.23 Buy It Now
JIMMY ROGERS 78 If It Ain't Me / Walking By Myself CHESS 1643 ROCK USD $39.99 Buy It Now
SAM COOKE 45 (RCA Victor 7701) Teenage Sonata/If You Were the Only Girl Mint- USD $5.37 Buy It Now
THE NAKED APES EXTREME / IF YOU SEE KAY CD SINGLE 6J USD $3.96 Buy It Now
JOHN HAMMOND * GOT LOVE IF YOU WANT IT * CD * 1992 USD $2.65 [0 bids]
7" Bangles - Manic Monday/If she knew what she wants ARGENTINIAN PROMO USD $23.17 [0 bids]
JAYA - If You Leave Me Now (Vocal/Instrumnetal) (Lefrak-Moelis Records, 1989) USD $8.00 Buy It Now
Ronnie Dove If I Cried Everytime You Hurt Me NM/Just The Other NM 1971 Pop 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now
Trini Lopez A ME RI CA, If I Had A Hammer' La Bamba - Fours Reprise PROMO 7" USD $6.62 [0 bids]
Tim Malchak - IF YOU HAD A HEART Promo Vinyl - 7" Single [1989] - NM USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Joe Medwick Can't Stop Loving You If I could've read your mind VE Geo 101 VG+ USD $29.99 Buy It Now
If I Ruled The World Harry Secombe Vinyl Record USD $14.50 Buy It Now
If We Fall in Love Tonight by Rod Stewart (CD, Aug-2007, Warner Bros.) USD $1.00 Buy It Now
BREW MOORE QUARTET-IF I HAD YOU-1981 STEEPLECHASE LP-LIVE AT MONTMARTRE 1965 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Odyssey ?- If You're Looking For A Way Out 1980 UK 12" PROMO USD $6.62 Buy It Now
SYKES, Dwight/LUST PRODUCTIONS - If You Want My Love - Vinyl (7") USD $10.65 Buy It Now
SHERYL CROW - IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY 1996 UK CD SINGLE USD $3.30 Buy It Now
If the River Can Bend [CD 1], John, Elton, Very Good Single, Maxi USD $2.32 Buy It Now
SUZI QUATRO If You Can't Give Me Love German 45PS 1978 USD $3.79 Buy It Now
RAJUNAH - IF 12" VINYL - RAJUNAHS FOREVER MIX USD $4.62 [0 bids]
Stonewall Jackson Nothing Takes The Place Of Loving/If Heartaches Were 45 RPM USD $7.00 Buy It Now
ACDC If You Want Blood Atlantic Records SD 19212 USD $24.99 Buy It Now
The Virgin Prunes - What Shall We Do If My Baby Turns RARE 12" Vinyl Record USD $6.61 [0 bids]
What If It All Means Something USD $4.10 Buy It Now
If You See Her by Brooks & Dunn (CD, Jun-1998, Arista) USD $1.99 Buy It Now
1980 CHEAP TRICK Everything Works if You Let It 45 PRM Record NOT FOR SALE DEMO USD $12.00 Buy It Now
I Didn't Give A Damn If Whites Bought It Vol. 4 - Vinyl Record LP Album USD $13.23 Buy It Now
SLIM HARPO I'm A King Bee / I Got Love If You Want It NEW R&B 7" VINYL RSV065 USD $12.58 Buy It Now
The Monterays, Conquistador, If Wishes Were Horses Private Press Garage Rock 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now
The Hilltoppers with Jimmy Sacca If I Were King 7" Vinyl 45RPM 1953 Dot 45-15055 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Mills Brothers - If It's True 10" 78rpm 1947 Decca shellac record #25284 USD $14.99 Buy It Now
I Didn't Give A Damn If Whites Bought It Vol. 5 - Vinyl Record LP Album - RL0057 USD $13.23 Buy It Now
(GH604) Josh Osho, L.I.F.E, Album Sampler - 2012 DJ CD USD $2.64 Buy It Now
If You Only Knew by Prymary Colorz (CD, Sep-2002, Big3 Records) NEW Sealed USD $1.99 Buy It Now
Straight Eight - Modern Times / Tell Me If You Want To Bleed, Eel Pie EPS003 Ex+ USD $8.35 Buy It Now
CLIFF EDWARDS ( UKELELE I* IF YOU'LL COME BACK / IT AIN'T GONNA RAIN NO MO*VG USD $1.26 [1 bids]
The New Coony Six "If You Could See/Roll On" 45 USD $2.92 Buy It Now
"If There Is Light, It Will Find You" Senses Fail 11" x 17" Poster 2/16/18 NEW USD $19.00 Buy It Now
Midge Ure - If I Was - Piano - Vinyl Record 7" Single - URE 1 - 1985 USD $5.28 Buy It Now
Blake Shelton Sure Be Cool If You Did [Single] (CD, Feb-2013, Warner Bros.) USD $5.00 Buy It Now

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If ratings distribution

IF If reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars If only..

If were essentially regarded as Britain's answer to Chicago and maybe Blood Sweat & Tears, mixing rock, blues and jazz - but originally with the emphasis on jazz as they were a 7 piece band featuring organ, saxes, flute and drums, bass and lead guitar. The band toured with such diverse artists including Miles Davis, Cream, Traffic and Black Sabbath but never really hit the big time, apparently too jazzy for rock fans but a bit too rock for jazzers. Though they were compared to and sounded much like Chicago and B S & T in places they generally went further in their music and were more innovative than those commercially successful bands, and as a result were less well known outside the UK.

On this their debut album, the opening track "Reaching Out on All Sides" has a very bluesey feel and features the vocals of JW Hodgkinson. The next song "What Did I Say About the Box" which is an outstanding eight-minute instrumental giving each member a chance to show off their solo skills- a Chicago style sound and includes a very Tull sounding flute solo, in my opinion the best track on the album. "What Can a Friend Say" includes good sax solo, builds up to a great guitar solo and finishes off side 1 on my brilliant sounding pink Island album - at the time of writing the band's first four albums have been remastered and reissued on CD so are now easily available.

A big band-sounding "Woman Can You See (What This Big Thing is All About)" kicks off on side 2 , followed by a poppy Chicago- sounding song called "Raise the Level of Your Conscious Mind" and the slow reflective "Dockland". The last track on the album "The Promised Land" has a more typical If sound and has a catchy chorus - this may have been a good choice for a single, as it seems to me to be the second best song on the album. The album overall is strong on musicianship but better songs came along on later albums - but a fabulous debut nevertheless!

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars If is England's answer to Chicago or the much less proggy Blood Sweat & Tears, and with no small surprise the UK answer approaches Chicago's quality and easily surpasses BS&T. But comparing If to Chicago is at best unsatisfactory and at worst is misleading: not more instrumental than Chicago (and no trumpet or trombone), If is also less of a straight brass rock outfit, and more of a real jazz rock group, often coming close to Colosseum or Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, than the pure mushy garbage R'nB of BS&T or Electric Flag. The septet is based around wind players Dave Quincy and Dick Morrissey, the main songwriters. The original line-up on this album will remain unchanged much like their US alter-ego Chicago for quite a while.

Starting out on the absolutely delightful Reaching Out On All Sides (also issued as a single), the group shows a real knack for writing inventive jazzy tunes that have a rock edge, while making it interesting for demanding music fans. All Sides comes with a good searing guitar solo, underlined by Mealing's organ, then the saxes come in a very Heckstallian fashion. Hodgkinson's voice is fairly close to Chicago's singer. The lengthy instrumental About The Box is probably the A-side's highlight, with Morrissey's flute drawing a long solo before the two saxes cut away in a Heckstall manner, allowing for Smith's guitar to wallow much like Clempson's did. This second track is probably the most Colosseum-like of the album. Rounding off the first side is the 7-mins What Can A Friend Say, which boasts a very brassy rhythm'n blues, in this case reminiscent of Chicago or The Flock, but boasting yet another stellar electric guitar.

The flipside is made of four shorter tracks, with the rapid 100 mph soul number "Woman, Can You See?" track, where the repeating sax riffs and chorus and a sizzling solo of the same instrument. Conscious Mind did not steal its name, as it is easily the easiest track on the album, this being the attempt at mass exposure via the single. Best forgotten if you ask me. Dockland is a strange and slow (almost doomy) track, which seem to emphasize dark atmospheres, but Smith's guitar is again the main solo instrument, again a bit reminiscent of Hiseman's tribe. The closing Promised Land is an upbeat funky track that contains plenty of intricate arrangements, but cannot escape a pop feel, but positively said. The bonus tracks are no added value as they are the single version of two album tracks, therefore only adding a déjà-entendu feel.

Recently, Repertoire records just re-issued the first two in a mini-lp format, and I only wish they'd get the license to do the same with the next two, but whether this is likely is difficult to say since the first two were issued on Island records, while the next two were on United Artists. In either case, this first album is an absolute must for those wanting to find the perfect link between brass-rock (since If did not have brass instrument proper, but woodwind instruments) and jazz-rock.

Review by apps79
3 stars Important name of the UK jazz rock scene,IF were formed in 1969 by a bunch of experienced jazz musicians,headed by saxophonists Dave Quincy and Dick Morrisey and guitarist Terry Smith.Following the steps of BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS and CHICAGO,the band started rehearsing,mixing sounds of brass rock,jazz and early prog in one pack.Finally 1970 sees the band releasing their first eponymous LP (on Island in the UK and Capitol in the US) and touring extensively.

Very much a product of its time,the one foot of ''If'' lies in late-60's jazz and soul,while the other steps intensively into the prog/psych territory.It's rather a work of two different styles packaged in one:most of the vocal parts,led by the strong vocal lines of J.W.Hodgkinson,are close to brass rock and soul with tons of saxes and light basses and an almost pop feeling.The instrumental passages are stunning,regarding the time of the release,with very good interactions,characterized bt driving flutes and sax solos.Terry Smith leads often the way with excellent jazzy chords and not only,there are also plenty of trembling psyc guitars around.Though it might sound a little bit dated to many of you,''If'' is actually an album which will satisfy every fan of early 70's:from the average rocker to the jazz fans and the lovers of psych/prog.An essential forgotten pearl.

Review by snobb
4 stars Strong debut of brass-rock band If is coming from year 1970, what means they were almost British pioneers of brass-rock, besides US bands Chicago and B,S & T. Interesting, If had two sax players, but no trombone or trumpet on board, so their brass sound is different from American bands of the same time.

Another difference - they, even having slight blues roots, in fact are much more jazz band, especially in great high vocals and electric guitar. And they had more space for jazzy improvs in their music as well.

Possibly, their place could be found somewhere between early Chicago and less progressive B,S & T, but with another US brass-rock band - Dreams - jazzy improvs atmosphere. Very competent musically, but possibly a bit lightweight in time ( for rock standards), they were quite successful in UK, but didn't win a US market.

Their debut is possibly their best work, every brass rock fan will listen it with interest and pleasure.

Review by Matti
2 stars Perhaps, if (!) I was more objective, I couldn't rate this so low, but I can't help that this album was a disappointment to me. I have found and enjoyed many Fusion artists recently (including COLOSSEUM which is one of the groups IF are compared to) and naturally I expected to like this British vintage debut too. But I found quite a little here that I wanted to listen multiple times. The problem is not with the music per se, but with my taste which just happens not to favour funky, brassy, souly, bluesy jazz-rock. Neither was I very fond of the vocals.

There were a couple of tracks with the flute up front rather than the saxes, which I liked more, but the whole album just didn't turn me on at all. No wonderful compositions, some OK at best. Skillful playing, definitely, but the aesthetics of this band didn't meet mine very well. So, take my humble opposite opinion (against the six praisings here) just as a notice that you may not enjoy this band as much as you might expect. It's not very progressive, for starters. But if you like (sorry to repeat the names jumping up again and again in previous reviews) the bands such as BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS and CHICAGO, forget my words and hear this yourself.

(I'm not always this subjective in my ratings; that is, for strong musicianship I sometimes give more stars than I actually enjoy the music personally, but I do think that we need shameless subjectivity when we rate albums here. It's the matter of our OWN feelings of the music. Naturally one has to know enough about the musical style/genre in question to make a worthy statement. Fusion IS one of the genres I enjoy. Brass-rock ain't, I admit, and had I known better that it's this style more precisely, I probably wouldn't have borrowed the CD at all - which, on the other hand, is prejudicious...)

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars They "moved the (rock) world just one step on"

Formed in 1969, If had already seen a change of line up (on the drum stool) by the time they came to record their début album released in 1970. Conveniently pigeon-holed as Britain's answer to the jazz rock of Chicago and Blood Sweat and Tears, there are in fact noteable differences between If and those bands. The twin saxophones in an otherwise standard rock line up give obvious hints of the band's leanings, but If were perhaps less concerned with catchy hooks and hit singles than their peers from across the pond. That said, there are echoes of David Clayton-Thomas in the fine vocals of J.W. Hodkinson.

The opening "I'm reaching out on all sides" (a track I first came across many years ago on the superb "Bumpers" sampler) actually features the lead guitar of Terry Smith more, the saxes being used to provide colours rather than as a lead instrument. The song makes for a superb introduction to the band. John Mealing, who would later go on to join the Strawbs, lays down a solid Hammond organ base for the instrumental "What Did I Say About the Box, Jack", the longest track on the album. The track offers Dick Morrissey (subsequently Average White band) the chance to display his skills on flute as part of what is a largely jazz workout.

"What Can a Friend Say" reminds me a bit of the Ides of March song "Vehicle". The rock side of the band returns, driven on by some fine gravel vocals, the centre piece of the song being a lengthy sax workout.

The second side of the original LP has four tracks to the first side's three. As might be implied, this means that the songs on this side are generally slightly tighter, although very much in the same vein. "Woman Can You See (What This Big Thing Is All About)" is an upbeat affair, with frantic vocals driven on by a pounding rhythm section and punchy saxes. There are suggestions here of songs such as Chicago's superb "25 or 6 to 4".

The three minute "Raise The Level of Your Conscious Mind" is by far the most accessible song on the album, and might have made a successful single. The track boasts a Guess Who type sing-a-long chorus and a wall of sound backing. "Dockland" slows things down somewhat, the track offering a Traffic like folk/fusion take on painting a picture of a "Dockland scene". The track offers Hodkinson the opportunity to really emphasise his vocal prowess.

The album closes with "The promised land", a track which does lean heavily on Blood Sweat and Tears for its inspiration. Mealing gets a final opportunity to add to fine keyboards to another pulsating jazz rock number.

In all, a fine début from a band who made some excellent music. In some ways, If were unlucky to be around when so many other great bands were trying to make their mark. It is perhaps time now for a reassessment of their excellent music, it deserves far more recognition that it gets.

Review by stefro
4 stars Charting the same jazz-rock course as the likes of Chicago, Blood Sweat & Tears, Satisfaction and Trifle and featuring future Foreigner drummer Dennis Elliot amongst their ranks, Britain's If were a talented seven-piece who produced handful of noteworthy albums during the early part of the 1970s, though overall their style was somewhat poppier than the fusion groups who were re-popularizing the jazz genre at that time, the likes of Nucleus, Soft Machine and John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra. The First album, titled simply 'If', is undoubtedly their best, with catchy hooks adorning the softly-played jazz rhythms and a strong focus on structured song-writing as opposed to improvisational jams. However, that's not to say If are a pop band per se, far from it, and tracks such as the lengthy, eight-minute 'What Did I Say About The Box Jack?' and the cool instrumental 'Dockland' are testament to If's melding of styles and tones. Their real ace, though, lies in the shape of frontman J. W. Hodgkinson, whose deep, bassy vocals add a whole new dimension to the jazz-rock formula. Vocals in fusion or jazz-rock are difficult to pull of, hence the poppier nature of this material, yet here the combination works beautifully, adding a rich lyrical layer to proceedings. Subsequent albums would repeat the sonic trick with slightly diminishing returns, though both If2 and If3 are still recommended. A graceful, enjoyable and extremely well-crafted debut, this unique mixture of jazz, rock, pop and orchestral flourishes proves a delightful surprise indeed.

STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2012

5 stars British seventies jazz-rock group If are not focused on now, not even as much as their contemporaries like Colosseum and Chicago, partly, i think, because the original band split in 1972 unlike Chicago, and did not enact a high profile reunion, like Colosseum did. It is a shame that time has not ... (read more)

Report this review (#902326) | Posted by presdoug | Tuesday, January 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Well, the first album of "If" brings probably the best jazz rock album from that early era (when the fusion like Mahavishnu Orchestra was just planned). Great debut and one of my favourite albums begins slowly with unusual rhytm, but later it rises to the agressive, yet beautyful song. All music ... (read more)

Report this review (#133212) | Posted by Hejkal | Wednesday, August 15, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars 'IF 1' started short but sparkling story of this british jazz/rock band formed by Dick Morrissey and Terry Smith. It offered kind of music I liked from the very first beats. It's jazzy oriented, but whenever you might feel that they'll go to the pure jazz flow, they'd turn back to more firm roc ... (read more)

Report this review (#130101) | Posted by bsurmano | Tuesday, July 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If"