Neal Morse

Neal Morse Morse, Portnoy & George: Cover To Cover album cover

Good, but non-essential

from partners
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Pleasant Valley Sunday (The Monkeys) (4:44)
2. Badge (Cream) (2:51)
3. Maybe I'm Amazed (Paul McCartney) (4:03)
4. Where Do The Children Play (Cat Stevens) (4:40)
5. I'm The Man (Joe Jackson) (4:05)
6. Feeling Stronger Everyday (Chicago) (5:39)
7. Rock And Roll Suicide (David Bowie) (3:28)
8. Where The Streets Have No Name (U2) (5:47)
9. Day After Day (Badfinger) (3:26)
10. What is Life (George Harrison) (4:28)
11. I'm Free / Sparks (The Who) (6:36)
12. Tuesday Afternoon (The Moody Blues) (6:32)
13. Find My Way Back Home (Blind Faith) (6:49)

- Neal Morse / vocals, keyboards, guitar, producer
- Randy George / bass
- Mike Portnoy / drums

- Phil Keaggy / lead vocals (10)
- Chris Carmichael / cello, violin, viola
- Jim Hoke / sax
- Bill Huber / trombone
- Neil Rosengarden / trumpet

Artwork: Joey Pippin

CD Radiant Records ‎- 3984-14586-2 (2006, US)
CD Inside Out Music ‎- 0502612 (2010, Europe)

Thanks to Guest for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy NEAL MORSE Morse, Portnoy & George: Cover To Cover Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Life and TimesLife and Times
Metal Blade 2008
Sola Scriptura And BeyondSola Scriptura And Beyond
Multiple Formats
Metal Blade 2008

More places to buy NEAL MORSE music online Buy NEAL MORSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NEAL MORSE Morse, Portnoy & George: Cover To Cover ratings distribution

NEAL MORSE Morse, Portnoy & George: Cover To Cover reviews

Review by ProgShine
COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
3 stars This is almost like a bonus disc, like Neal Morse does very often, see Transatlantic albums, for instance. This covers album was recorded during the Neal Morse album sessions recording for Testimony (2003), One (2004) and ? (2005).

My highlights: 'Maybe I'm Amazed' (Paul McCartney) 'I'm The Man' (Joe Jackson) 'Feeling Stronger Everyday' (Chicago) 'Where The Streets Have No Name' (U2) 'What Is Life' (George Harrison)

The other versions on the album are: 'Pleasant Valley Sunday' (The Monkees) 'Badge' (Cream) 'Where Do The Children Play' (Cat Stevens) 'Rock And Roll Suicide' (David Bowie) 'Day After Day' (Badfinger) 'I'm Free / Sparks' (The Who) 'Tuesday Afternoon' (The Moody Blues) Find My Way Back Home (Blind Faith)

All in all a good record, but I think it's more a fan thing.

3 stars This is a surprisingly enjoyable album, with outstanding performances put in by Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy and Randy George. While I would typically give an album of this caliber four stars, it's really not progressive enough to be considered "an excellent addition to any prog collection." Inste ... (read more)

Report this review (#140468) | Posted by Lofcaudio | Tuesday, September 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Excellent covers from some well know songs. When listening careful you may notice that Neal seems to add another meaning to some of the original songs. Or is that my own imagination? Not progressive in any way, but a fine selection of songs showing the musical roots of these three excellent musi ... (read more)

Report this review (#137633) | Posted by Stranger | Monday, September 10, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NEAL MORSE "Morse, Portnoy & George: Cover To Cover"