VOICES

3. Party Piece (5:34)
4. Still (7:02)
5. Septic (6:24)
6. Faith (6:08)
7. Second Thoughts (6:20)
8. After (4:52)
9. Curtain Call (8:12)
10. Forget Me Now (9:02)
11. Ghosts (8:28)

- Thomas "T" Thielen / vocals, all instruments (synthesizers, piano, electric and acoustic guitars, synth-bass, samplers, sequencers, drum-machine), producer

With:
- Katia Tangian / arrangements help

Note: The actual instrumentation could not be confirmed at this moment

Artwork: Marco Scheiper with Katia Tangian (photo)

CD Galileo Records ‎- GR010 (2006, Switzerland)

Thanks to eugene for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy T Voices Music

Yma Sumac - Voice Of The Xtabay -inca Taqui - Chants Of The Inca,Capitol T684 Ex USD $13.83 Buy It Now
STEVE VOICE why don't you call me 7" vinyl record RBUS 59 USD $1.98 Buy It Now
Voices (Record Album), ,Good, Vinyl with cover art - G/G-Aged collectible with t USD $11.99 Buy It Now 37m 8s
Loveland feat. the the voice of Rachel McFarlane - Don't Make Me Wait USD $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 23m
THE FOUR FRESHMEN Voices In Modern 12" Vinyl LP, CAPITOL T-522 Mono USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 34m
VOICES OF EAST HARLEM s/t JSS 7 Bell Sound LP Vinyl VG+ near ++ Cover VG+ Unipak USD $48.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
VOICES OF EAST HARLEM S/T LP VINYL UK Soul Brother 2017 9 Track LP (Lpsbcs82) USD $27.58 Buy It Now 4h 45m
HOMAGE TO T.S. ELLIOT Memorial Record Of... LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1965 USD $42.23 Buy It Now 4h 46m
BHAKTI RAS GEETO S/T LP VINYL India His Masters Voice 1977 10 Track (Eclp2778) USD $13.12 Buy It Now 5h 11m
HOLLYWOOD BRASS S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 12 Track Mono Old USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5h 12m
WHITE HORSE INN S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1958 12 Track Mono In A USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5h 12m
SHOW BOAT S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1959 11 Track Mono In A Flipback USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5h 12m
WHITE HORSE INN S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 12 Track Mono In A Flipback USD $5.53 Buy It Now 5h 12m
FROM 1916: THE BEST OF IRELAND'S MUSIC S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 USD $8.96 Buy It Now 5h 13m
YMA SUMAC ~ LEGEND OF THE SUN VIRGIN T299 LP INCREDIBLE EXOTICA LEGENDARY VOICE! USD $17.50 Buy It Now 5h 18m
RONNIE HILTON Don't Let The Rain Come Down 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1964 USD $5.53 Buy It Now 6h
STEVE VOICE Why Don't You Call Me 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1981 B/W Downtown (Rbus59) USD $4.15 Buy It Now 6h
SALVAGED FROM LIONEL BART'S MUSICAL BLITZ S/T 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 4 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 2m
STEVE VOICE Why Don't You Call Me 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1981 B/W Downtown USD $4.15 Buy It Now 6h 2m
PAUL JONES High Time 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 B/w I Can't Hold On USD $2.76 Buy It Now 6h 2m
CSD1316 ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 13 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 3m
FOLLOW THAT GIRL S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 17 Track Mono In USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 3m
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 7" VINYL UK London 1988 B/W Jump This USD $5.53 Buy It Now 6h 4m
GLASGOW ORPHEUS CHOIR S/T Vol 2 10" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 9 Track Mono 10 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 7m
RUBY BRAFF QUARTET FEATURING DAVE MCKENNA S/T 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 4 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 8m
PAUL JONES Thinkin' Ain't For Me 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1967 B/W Softly USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 8m
STEVE VOICE I Can't Get Over You 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1982 B/W Oh Yeah (Rbus70) USD $4.15 Buy It Now 6h 12m
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 12" VINYL UK London 1988 3 Track USD $5.53 Buy It Now 6h 12m
ALISHA S/T CD India His Masters Voice 1998 9 Track (Cd1262) USD $24.21 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Voices Of Life The Word Is Love CD House Techno Mousse T DJ Steve Silk Hurley USD $1.31 [0 bids]
NEW YORK VOICES S/T 1989 JAPAN CD OBI 3008yen VDJ 1ST PRESS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 30m
Yma Sumac - Voice Of The Xtabay -Inca Taqui - Chants Of The Inca,Capitol T684 Ex USD $13.13 Buy It Now 13h 48m
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry (New Voice Club Mix / New-Wave / Post-Punk / Synth-POP USD $39.00 Buy It Now 16h 22m
Voice Of The Beehive: Don't Call Me Baby - Live [DVD] USD $19.34 Buy It Now 17h 3m
Cliff Richard A Voice In The/Don't Be Mad At Me 45 RPM ABC Paramount Records VG+ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Voice Of Heart: Kuchh Na Kaho -Vol. 2 (T Series) India - '1st Edition' USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 20m
ANDREW STRONG S/T LP THE VOICE OF THE COMMITMENTS STICKER ON COVER MINT VINYL USD $45.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VOICE OF STRINGS-S/T-JAPAN CD F56 USD $26.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Voices (Record Album), ,Very Good, (VG++) Excellent --This record won't be perf USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
New York Voices - S/T - RARE 1989 Germany IMPORT "GRP" Digital LP In Shrink EX USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Voice of Will Rogers ,I Never Met a Man I Didn't Like, 1973 Sealed LP USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Voices of Walter Schumann LP Capital Records T297 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Barry Manilow Set of 6 45's Can't Smile/One Voice/Write Songs/Ships/Magic/Some USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVING VOICES: I Don't Hurt Anymore LP (slight cover wear) Country USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Living Voices / Living Guitars: I Don't Hurt Anymore 8 Track Tape * USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
TURLEY RICHARDS - S/T- WB LBL - 1970 - PROMO LP - "I HEARD VOICE OF JESUS" USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
LEADBELLY-S/T BEST-GUITAR-VOICE-PIANO -VINYL LP RECORD-CAP. T 1821 MONO ORIGINAL USD $19.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Voice Of The Beehive - Don't Call Me Baby 12" - UK-lONX 175 - Ex USD $9.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Audio Book Sale: Christian Books & Bibles (1) - Pick what you want to save USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NANCI GRIFFITH OTHER VOICES OTHER ROOMS cassette tape album T2622 USD $5.27 Buy It Now 2 days
The George Shearing Quintet With Voices ?- Night Mist LP - T 317 - VG USD $9.23 Buy It Now 2 days
New: Pima Express, Young Bird, Judy T: Voices Across the Canyon, Volume Five: A USD $16.10 Buy It Now 2 days
BYRD MASS FOR FOUR VOICES ST JOHNS COLLEGE CHOIR cassette tape album T4811 USD $5.27 Buy It Now 2 days
New Voices Of Freedom ?- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For DOC d-412 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
REV. STANLEY KEEBLE & VOICES OF TRIUMPH: Can't You Love Him / It's In My Heart USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SYLEENA JOHNSON Ain't No Love / The Voice EP RARE 2000 /2x 12" DJ VINYL Neo Soul USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CRAIG,HARRISON-HARRISON CRAIG (THE VOICE WINNER 2013)-MORE T (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $5.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Voice Broadcast 20 track 2006 cd NEW! Red Cloud/Coleon/Wes Quave/Epic/Fros-T/CHC USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE I THINK I LOVE YOU 12" ORGY MIX / SAY IT / DON'T CALL ME BA USD $11.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Voices In Love, ,Very Good, vinyl with cover art- VG/VG-aged collectible with t USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE 'DON'T CALL ME BABY' UK 12" SINGLE USD $9.23 Buy It Now 3 days
GUIDED BY VOICES King Sh*t & The Golden Boys LP SEALED reissue w/download GBV USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jane Powell - Can't We Be Friends His Master's Voice CLP 1131 UK Vinyl LP Album USD $16.87 [0 bids]
Voice of the Seven T - Voice of the Seven Thunders [New Vinyl LP] USD $18.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Ayres for 4 Voices Dowland, Dowland Golden Age Singers Julia,Excellent, (NM-) T USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
@ CD THE VOICES - S/T / MCA RECORDS 1989 ORG / MELODIC AOR USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Wild Voices narrated by Geoffrey T. Williams cassette *includes fold out USD $33.00 Buy It Now 4 days
NB27 Venenum s/t (SVR LP 05) Sepulchral Voice + POSTER + OIS *UNPLAYED* USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE BERRY - DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME - 7" VINYL 1962 HIS MASTERS VOICE RECORDS USD $4.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Unknown Artist : Velvet Voices: Great Harmony Groups of t CD USD $4.33 Buy It Now 4 days
THE FOUR FRESHMEN~VOICES AND BRASS~T1295/1960~ORIGINAL MONO~STAMPED D1 USD $43.82 Buy It Now 4 days
Phillip T Myers - La Voix - the Voice - (AM9501) USD $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CLIFF RICHARD "A VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS/Don't..." ABC PARAMOUNT 10093 (1960) 45 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 4 days
s/t W.C. FIELDS-ORIGINAL VOICE TRACKS WITH POSTER NM/NM VINYL RECORD ALBUM LP USD $8.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE EROTIC VOICE OF JOE BERLUCK DON'T CRY LITTLE GIRL HOLLAND 7" SINGLE PS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Miss Helen Forrest "Voice of the Name Bands" 12" LP Capital Records T704 USD $14.39 Buy It Now 5 days
The Voice Of Country Music Roy Acuff vinyl LP album record UK T2276 CAPITOL USD $18.42 Buy It Now 5 days
Al Martino The Exciting Voice Of Al Martino UK vinyl LP album record T1774 USD $21.06 Buy It Now 5 days
Archers of loaf t-shirt -All sizes in stock- guided by voices dinosaur jr USD $14.51 Buy It Now 5 days
The Voice of Eddie and the Cruisers: Tough All Over [Audio CD] John Cafferty USD $21.99 Buy It Now 5 days
New Voices From Scotland TOPIC 12T133 1965 Folk USD $9.24 [0 bids]
Harry Owens & His Royal Hawaiians Voice Of The Trade Winds LP EX Capitol T-333 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Voice of the Beehive Don't call me Baby PROMO 12" single record USD $6.60 [0 bids]
The Voice of Will Rogers ,I Never Met a Man I Didn't Like, 1973 Sealed LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Voice Of The Beehive 10" record Don't Call Me Baby - Poste... UK USD $14.44 Buy It Now 6 days
Voice Of The Beehive Don't Call Me Baby - Limite... UK 7" record USD $17.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Voice Of The Beehive Don't Call Me Baby 7" vinyl picture disc single UK USD $14.46 Buy It Now 6 days
Barry Manilow - One Voice inc I Don't Want To Walk Without You + SPART 1106 LP USD $6.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Why Don't You Call Me 7 : Steve Voice USD $8.58 Buy It Now 6 days
Jazz LP Stan Kenton With Voices Capitol T 810 (VG Condition) USD $6.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Marvellous & Wonerfull, T Ballyclare Male Voice Choir, Very Good USD $2.96 Buy It Now 6 days
RAY CHARLES - YOU DON'T KNOW ME HIS MASTER'S VOICE 45-POP 1064 USD $3.29 [0 bids]
Ain't No Guns In Heaven - Heartlanguage (Many Voices/One Hea (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.23 Buy It Now 6 days
The Four Freshmen LP Voices In Love * Capitol T-1074 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Country Unplayed 45 From The Keith Whitley Tribute Album - A Voice Still Rings T USD $3.00 Buy It Now 6 days
JIM NABORS-A BIG VOICE! A BIG HEART! SONY MUSIC 1991 CASSETTE TAPE B2T 22416 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 7 days
NME 1991 JULY 13 ICE-T SEPULTURA JAM MONDAYS DIVINYLS VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE LFO USD $11.87 Buy It Now 7 days
DONALD VAILS AND THE VOICES OF DELIVERANCE SAID I WASN'T GONNA TELL NOBODY 2LP USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
YELLOWSTONE AND VOICE-s/t '72 UK REGAL ZONO LP ORIG. UK POP ROCK S/WRITER RARE!! USD $66.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Voices of Rock / MMVII JAPAN+1 Michael Voss James Christian NEW!!!!!!! T-A2 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy T music online Buy T & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

T Voices ratings distribution

T Voices reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars T is a new name (a letter? ;) ) in Modern Prog field. He sings in Steve Hogarth's way, arranges his tracks almost like Peter Gabriel (but without these oriental tricks) and the result is pretty refreshing. The album varies from introvertive pieces ("August in Me") to almost GENESIS-like patterns (instrumental "Septic"). The whole concept story (72 minutes long) won't make you feel bored, as it's filled with diverse moods (with Darkness dominating) and shiftings of tempo and rhythm. Enjoyable and hardly-believable that he did it all on his own. Clappies toThomas, very good and enjoyable melancholic Dark Modern Prog in GAZPACHO/ PORCUPINE TREE/ LIKE WENDY vein
Review by progrules
4 stars T is a sole artist who's actually tough-to-pigeon-hole. Sure, there are reasons to categorize him under neoprog and it's mentioned he sounds like Gazpacho or Marillion but somehow I can't shake off the feeling he also sounds a lot like Dredg and then I'm talking about their El Cielo release. I believe this man's music comes closer to those American modern proggers than to neoprog.

I have to admit I had to get used to this album for some time but also that was because of the expectations. So I had to make some sort of switch in the mind to be able to give a fair judgement (and there we see another example of the importance and significance of our subgenres). Because this is actually a very interesting album, at least very original.

And also quite beautiful at times like in the second song, August in Me, with some lovely piano play. Followed by some great guitar in Party Piece, a song totally different from the first two tracks. Just the opener was slightly off putting to me because of the ugly vocals in the very beginning. But Thomas Thielen isn't really a poor vocalist at all just one with a special style, the part in the first song was a bit too much in the sense of peculiarity. And another thing that has to be said is that Thomas Thielen is not only a multi instrumentalist but also a very skilled one. What to say about his performance in the 5th track for instance where he plays acoustic guitar in a tremendous way. This is by far the best track by the way though the rest is very worth while as well (10th track !).

So in conclusion I would say: if you are looking for straightforward neoprog you can leave this one in the store but if you want prog in an original and more special way you should certainly give this one by T a try. Initially I wanted to give this 3 stars but it's still growing on me I notice and I think I will regret that move. I do believe this whole effort deserves four stars.

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars For 'T' read Thomas Thielen, and he is the former Scythe guitarist who released his debut solo album "Na´ve" back in 2001. He has now returned with his second, where he plays all of the instruments himself as well as all of the vocals. This doesn't sound like a solo album, but much more like a group work, and one soon quickly moves away from the feel that this is the work of just one man to confronting the bleakness and darkness of this album. He is bringing in musical themes and influences such as modern Marillion, IQ, Radiohead, Peter Gabriel and Geoff Mann but this is a really depressing album, honest it is. That isn't to say that there is no levity within it but this is certainly not something to play when you feel that the world is about to end.

The photos on the front and rear of the booklet add to the feeling that here is a Roger Waters look at life, tempered by Tom Watts (although the vocals are much better), and that T has been to a dark place and now he wants us to visit with him. As to whether I have enjoyed listening to this then that is a really hard thing to say. I am glad that I have heard it, and there are times when I feel that it will be just the tight thing to listen to, but for general listening pleasure then I normally move to something a little more light hearted. This isn't one for those who enjoy their prog at the lighter end of the scale, but if you want to investigate someone looking at the more bleak side of life then this is very well constructed and performed. Available through the web site at www.galileo-records.com

Review by apps79
3 stars I am pretty sure that even Thomas Thielen himself did not expect the positive reviews his debut would earn.''Naive'' was warmly received by the music press, making Thielen start working on a follow-up album.He had just moved to Hannover after the release of his debut and worked for four years on what was to become the ''Voices'' album.Galileo Records supported his talent be releasing again this sophomore effort in 2006.

His composing skills and very irritating vocals will again suprise the listener.With elements from contemporary Neo Prog and nods to modern Psychedelic/Heavy Prog as well as recent music technologies, ''Voices'' is another beautiful trip into the music world of Thomas Thielen.With one eye glancing the spacey side of PINK FLOYD and the atmospheric moments of PORCUPINE TREE and the other one being on par with the sensitive, melodious but also demanding style of, let's say, LIKE WENDY, Hogarth-era MARILLION or COSMOGRAF, ''Voices'' kicks off through minimalistic and lyrical soundscapes with good use of Electronics and samplers and ends up in furious, proggy journeys with rich instrumental passages, led by strong guitar moves and excellent keyboard parts.The clever use of organs and Mellotron through more contemporary sounding forms make this album even more charming.An excellent work has been done in the drum and bass programming, without obvious vibes of their digital nature, while the rest of the instruments are played by Thielen.Plenty of the vocal material reminds of works such as ''Brave'' or ''Marbles'' by MARILLION, having an emphasis towards atmospheric textures with very warm singing and distorted sounds.The dedicated Prog fan should not be dissapointed either.Nice instrumental moves with heavy guitar runs, bombastic grooves and a fair amount of breaks follow the aforementioned calmer movements, containing some great piano interludes, symphonic and orchestral arrangements and Neo Prog aesthetics with a few lovely melodies.The combination works really good in a long album, that flows easily due to its well-crafted compositions.

Once more, Scythe seem to have forced Thielen's music abilities in limited values.His unique talent finally is revealed with every release and ''Voices'' will leave every fan of contemporary Progressive Rock really satisfied.Strongly recommended...3.5 stars.

Post a review of T "Voices"