VOICES

3. Party Piece (5:34)
4. Still (7:02)
5. Septic (6:24)
6. Faith (6:08)
7. Second Thoughts (6:20)
8. After (4:52)
9. Curtain Call (8:12)
10. Forget Me Now (9:02)
11. Ghosts (8:28)

- Thomas "T" Thielen / vocals, all instruments (synthesizers, piano, electric and acoustic guitars, synth-bass, samplers, sequencers, drum-machine), producer

With:
- Katia Tangian / arrangements help

Note: The actual instrumentation could not be confirmed at this moment

Artwork: Marco Scheiper with Katia Tangian (photo)

CD Galileo Records ‎- GR010 (2006, Switzerland)

Thanks to eugene for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy T Voices Music

VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE 'DON'T CALL ME BABY' UK 12" SINGLE USD $9.80 Buy It Now
GUIDED BY VOICES King Sh*t & The Golden Boys LP SEALED reissue w/download GBV USD $19.99 Buy It Now 31m 14s
Voice of the Seven T - Voice of the Seven Thunders [New Vinyl LP] USD $19.53 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Ayres for 4 Voices Dowland, Dowland Golden Age Singers Julia,Excellent, (NM-) T USD $13.98 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Don't Call Me Baby Voice Of The Beehive 7" vinyl picture disc single UK USD $15.36 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Al Martino The Exciting Voice Of Al Martino UK vinyl LP album record T1774 USD $22.37 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Don't Call Me Baby Voice Of The Beehive 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK USD $16.04 Buy It Now 14h
Voice Of The Beehive Don't Call Me Baby - Poste... UK 10" record USD $15.34 Buy It Now 14h 18m
Wild Voices narrated by Geoffrey T. Williams cassette *includes fold out USD $33.00 Buy It Now 15h 27m
NB27 Venenum s/t (SVR LP 05) Sepulchral Voice + POSTER + OIS *UNPLAYED* USD $25.00 Buy It Now 16h
J.T. Adams & The Men-of-Texas Voices Skyward W3038-LP. EX USD $14.88 Buy It Now 17h 21m
MIKE BERRY - DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME - 7" VINYL 1962 HIS MASTERS VOICE RECORDS USD $4.89 Buy It Now 20h
Unknown Artist : Velvet Voices: Great Harmony Groups of t CD USD $4.33 Buy It Now 21h 30m
CLIFF RICHARD "A VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS/Don't..." ABC PARAMOUNT 10093 (1960) 45 USD $3.00 Buy It Now 22h 11m
Voice Of The Beehive - Don't Call Me Baby 12" - UK-lONX 175 - Ex USD $9.80 Buy It Now 1 day
P.T Barnum 7 Musicals For Young Voices Sealed Children's Lp USD $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
VOICES My Mama Didn't Raise No Fool RARE PROMO MAXI CD 1992 New Jack Swing 3 Mix USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Jazz LP Stan Kenton With Voices Capitol T 810 (VG Condition) USD $6.28 Buy It Now 1 day
The Voice of Will Rogers ,I Never Met a Man I Didn't Like, 1973 Sealed LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
s/t W.C. FIELDS-ORIGINAL VOICE TRACKS WITH POSTER NM/NM VINYL RECORD ALBUM LP USD $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE EROTIC VOICE OF JOE BERLUCK DON'T CRY LITTLE GIRL HOLLAND 7" SINGLE PS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Miss Helen Forrest "Voice of the Name Bands" 12" LP Capital Records T704 USD $14.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Supersax and LA Voices - Supersax and La Voices [CD] USD $6.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Voice of the Beehive ORIG OZ 10 EP Don't call me baby NM 88 Indi Rock á USD $11.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Voice of the Beehive ORIG OZ PS 12 Don't call me baby NM '88 Indi Pop Rock á USD $9.10 Buy It Now 1 day
New York Voices s/t USD $4.19 [0 bids]
The George Shearing Quintet With Voices ?- Night Mist LP - T 317 - VG USD $9.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Archers of loaf t-shirt -All sizes in stock- guided by voices dinosaur jr USD $15.41 Buy It Now 1 day
JIM NABORS-A BIG VOICE! A BIG HEART! SONY MUSIC 1991 CASSETTE TAPE B2T 22416 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Harry Owens & His Royal Hawaiians Voice Of The Trade Winds LP EX Capitol T-333 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Voice of Ireland Ruby Murray & Ray Martin Capitol T 10010 - USA - 1956 LP USD $8.95 [0 bids]
Trondheim Jazz Orchestra/Kim M-In The End His Voice Will Be T CD NEW USD $22.18 Buy It Now 2 days
SONATA ARCTICA Don't Say A Word JAPAN CD Requiem Silent Voices Winterborn USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Barry Manilow - One Voice inc I Don't Want To Walk Without You + SPART 1106 LP USD $7.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Why Don't You Call Me 7 : Steve Voice USD $9.11 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW YORK VOICES - Self Titled s/t 1989 JAZZ VOCAL + Inner (LP) EX/NM USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CD Fred Johanson - s/t | 1995 Smile Super Voice RARE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Marvellous & Wonerfull, T Ballyclare Male Voice Choir, Very Good USD $4.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Ain't No Guns In Heaven - Heartlanguage (Many Voices/One Hea (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Country Unplayed 45 From The Keith Whitley Tribute Album - A Voice Still Rings T USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
NME 1991 JULY 13 ICE-T SEPULTURA JAM MONDAYS DIVINYLS VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE LFO USD $12.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Voice Of The Beehive Don't Call Me Baby - Limite... UK 7" record USD $18.16 Buy It Now 3 days
Living Voices / Living Guitars: I Don't Hurt Anymore 8 Track Tape * USD $11.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Christian(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $1.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Europe(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 3 days
YELLOWSTONE AND VOICE-s/t '72 UK REGAL ZONO LP ORIG. UK POP ROCK S/WRITER RARE!! USD $70.12 Buy It Now 3 days
VOICE OF BEEHIVE - Don't Call Me Baby - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $18.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Voice Of Will Rogers I Never Met A Man I Didn't Like Sealed 1973 Vinyl LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Eisenhower Inaugural Addresses & voices of T.Roosevelt, Coolidge, W.Wilson & G.C USD $24.95 Buy It Now 4 days
TEEN CLIFF RICHARD DON'T BE MAD AT ME/A VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS ABC PARAMOUNT USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MORRISSEY LET ME KISS YOU DON'T MAKE FUN OF DADDY'S VOICE ATTACK ATKSE 008 INDIE USD $5.60 [0 bids]
TON BRUYNEL s/t LP 1981 Original Composers Voice ELECTRONIC Tape Avant Garde NWW USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Four Freshmen LP 1960 Voices and Brass EX + Capitol T 1295 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The voice of Will Rogers LP 1973 I never met a man I didn't like EX + vinyl USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Lot 5 Madonna (CD) You Can Dance, Bedtime Stories, Virgin Voices, Don't Tell Me USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Jazz LP The Four Freshmen Voices In Love Capitol T 1074 (EX Vinyl) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Jazz LP Stan Kenton With Voices Capitol T 810 (VG Condition) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
VG+++ MONO JAZZ SAX LP~SAM BUTERA~THE BIG SAX & THE BIG VOICE~CAPITOL T 1521 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CHASTAIN THE VOICE OF THE CULT JAPAN CD OBI 3200yen MP32 1ST PRESS DAVID T. USD $299.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CLIFF RICHARD stock issue 45 DON'T BE MAD AT ME / VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS ~ VG+ USD $10.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Voice of The Beehive Don't Call Me Baby London Label LON 175 7" Single USD $5.61 Buy It Now 4 days
VOICE OF STRINGS-S/T-JAPAN CD F56 USD $26.99 Buy It Now 5 days
TEEN CLIFF RICHARD A VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS/DON'T BE MAD AT ME ABC PARAMOUNT USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PROMO 45 Voice Of The Beehive - Don't Call Me Baby London Records NM 1988 USD $6.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Jack Teagarden His Voice His Trombone- Big T's Jazz LP Decca Records DL 8304 VG+ USD $10.50 Buy It Now 5 days
RAY CHARLES - YOU DON'T KNOW ME HIS MASTER'S VOICE 45-POP 1064 USD $3.49 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot CD I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You The Voice USD $7.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Hark! The Years! Historic Voices with narration by Frederic March Capitol T 2334 USD $2.98 [0 bids]
?????????? DAVID FRIESEN Inner Voices 28DP-5077 1987 Kenny Drew T JAPAN CD 6570 USD $25.15 Buy It Now 5 days
Cliff Richard & The Shadows - Don't Be Mad At Me / A Voice In The Wilderness USD $2.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Don't Call Me Baby EP by Voice Of The Beehive 10" EP LP UK IMPORT USD $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Barry Manilow 45 rpm I Don't Want To Walk Without You & One Voice 1979 Arista USD $8.95 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE - Don't Call Me Baby - 1988 UK 2-track 7" vinyl Single USD $10.19 Buy It Now 6 days
ALISHA S/T CD Indian His Masters Voice 1998 9 Track (Cd1262) USD $28.66 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 7" VINYL UK London 1988 B/W Jump Thi USD $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE VOICE I Can't Get Over You 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1982 B/W Oh Yeah (Rbus70) USD $4.40 Buy It Now 6 days
CSD1316 ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 13 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
FOLLOW THAT GIRL S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 17 Track Mono In A USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 7" VINYL UK London 1988 B/W Jump This USD $4.40 Buy It Now 6 days
FOLLOW THAT GIRL S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 17 Track Mono In USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 12" VINYL UK London 1988 3 Track USD $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
RUBY BRAFF QUARTET FEATURING DAVE MCKENNA S/T 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 4 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE VOICE Why Don't You Call Me 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1981 B/W Downtown USD $4.40 Buy It Now 6 days
RAY CHARLES I Can't Stop Loving You 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1962 No USD $2.93 Buy It Now 6 days
RAY CHARLES I Can't Stop Loving You 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1962 USD $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
PAUL JONES Thinkin' Ain't For Me 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1967 B/W Softly USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MIKE BERRY It Really Doesn't Matter 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1963 B/W Take USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BHAKTI RAS GEETO S/T LP VINYL Indian His Masters Voice 1977 10 Track (Eclp2778) USD $15.41 Buy It Now 6 days
SHOW BOAT S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1959 11 Track Mono In A Flipback USD $9.52 Buy It Now 6 days
WHITE HORSE INN S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1958 12 Track Mono In A USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
HOLLYWOOD BRASS S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 12 Track Mono Old USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVE VOICE Why Don't You Call Me 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1981 B/W Downtown (Rbus59) USD $4.40 Buy It Now 6 days
PAUL JONES High Time 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 B/w I Can't Hold On USD $2.93 Buy It Now 6 days
SALVAGED FROM LIONEL BART'S MUSICAL BLITZ S/T 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 4 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
RONNIE HILTON Don't Let The Rain Come Down 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1964 USD $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
FROM 1916: THE BEST OF IRELAND'S MUSIC S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
WHITE HORSE INN S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 12 Track Mono In A Flipback USD $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICES OF EAST HARLEM S/T LP VINYL UK Soul Brother 2017 9 Track LP (Lpsbcs82) USD $29.29 Buy It Now 6 days
SARA BAREILLES Little Voices/T CD European Epic 12 Track (88697310512) USD $5.88 Buy It Now 6 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 10" VINYL UK London 1988 4 Track In USD $14.15 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy T music online Buy T & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

T Voices ratings distribution

T Voices reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars T is a new name (a letter? ;) ) in Modern Prog field. He sings in Steve Hogarth's way, arranges his tracks almost like Peter Gabriel (but without these oriental tricks) and the result is pretty refreshing. The album varies from introvertive pieces ("August in Me") to almost GENESIS-like patterns (instrumental "Septic"). The whole concept story (72 minutes long) won't make you feel bored, as it's filled with diverse moods (with Darkness dominating) and shiftings of tempo and rhythm. Enjoyable and hardly-believable that he did it all on his own. Clappies toThomas, very good and enjoyable melancholic Dark Modern Prog in GAZPACHO/ PORCUPINE TREE/ LIKE WENDY vein
Review by progrules
4 stars T is a sole artist who's actually tough-to-pigeon-hole. Sure, there are reasons to categorize him under neoprog and it's mentioned he sounds like Gazpacho or Marillion but somehow I can't shake off the feeling he also sounds a lot like Dredg and then I'm talking about their El Cielo release. I believe this man's music comes closer to those American modern proggers than to neoprog.

I have to admit I had to get used to this album for some time but also that was because of the expectations. So I had to make some sort of switch in the mind to be able to give a fair judgement (and there we see another example of the importance and significance of our subgenres). Because this is actually a very interesting album, at least very original.

And also quite beautiful at times like in the second song, August in Me, with some lovely piano play. Followed by some great guitar in Party Piece, a song totally different from the first two tracks. Just the opener was slightly off putting to me because of the ugly vocals in the very beginning. But Thomas Thielen isn't really a poor vocalist at all just one with a special style, the part in the first song was a bit too much in the sense of peculiarity. And another thing that has to be said is that Thomas Thielen is not only a multi instrumentalist but also a very skilled one. What to say about his performance in the 5th track for instance where he plays acoustic guitar in a tremendous way. This is by far the best track by the way though the rest is very worth while as well (10th track !).

So in conclusion I would say: if you are looking for straightforward neoprog you can leave this one in the store but if you want prog in an original and more special way you should certainly give this one by T a try. Initially I wanted to give this 3 stars but it's still growing on me I notice and I think I will regret that move. I do believe this whole effort deserves four stars.

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars For 'T' read Thomas Thielen, and he is the former Scythe guitarist who released his debut solo album "Na´ve" back in 2001. He has now returned with his second, where he plays all of the instruments himself as well as all of the vocals. This doesn't sound like a solo album, but much more like a group work, and one soon quickly moves away from the feel that this is the work of just one man to confronting the bleakness and darkness of this album. He is bringing in musical themes and influences such as modern Marillion, IQ, Radiohead, Peter Gabriel and Geoff Mann but this is a really depressing album, honest it is. That isn't to say that there is no levity within it but this is certainly not something to play when you feel that the world is about to end.

The photos on the front and rear of the booklet add to the feeling that here is a Roger Waters look at life, tempered by Tom Watts (although the vocals are much better), and that T has been to a dark place and now he wants us to visit with him. As to whether I have enjoyed listening to this then that is a really hard thing to say. I am glad that I have heard it, and there are times when I feel that it will be just the tight thing to listen to, but for general listening pleasure then I normally move to something a little more light hearted. This isn't one for those who enjoy their prog at the lighter end of the scale, but if you want to investigate someone looking at the more bleak side of life then this is very well constructed and performed. Available through the web site at www.galileo-records.com

Review by apps79
3 stars I am pretty sure that even Thomas Thielen himself did not expect the positive reviews his debut would earn.''Naive'' was warmly received by the music press, making Thielen start working on a follow-up album.He had just moved to Hannover after the release of his debut and worked for four years on what was to become the ''Voices'' album.Galileo Records supported his talent be releasing again this sophomore effort in 2006.

His composing skills and very irritating vocals will again suprise the listener.With elements from contemporary Neo Prog and nods to modern Psychedelic/Heavy Prog as well as recent music technologies, ''Voices'' is another beautiful trip into the music world of Thomas Thielen.With one eye glancing the spacey side of PINK FLOYD and the atmospheric moments of PORCUPINE TREE and the other one being on par with the sensitive, melodious but also demanding style of, let's say, LIKE WENDY, Hogarth-era MARILLION or COSMOGRAF, ''Voices'' kicks off through minimalistic and lyrical soundscapes with good use of Electronics and samplers and ends up in furious, proggy journeys with rich instrumental passages, led by strong guitar moves and excellent keyboard parts.The clever use of organs and Mellotron through more contemporary sounding forms make this album even more charming.An excellent work has been done in the drum and bass programming, without obvious vibes of their digital nature, while the rest of the instruments are played by Thielen.Plenty of the vocal material reminds of works such as ''Brave'' or ''Marbles'' by MARILLION, having an emphasis towards atmospheric textures with very warm singing and distorted sounds.The dedicated Prog fan should not be dissapointed either.Nice instrumental moves with heavy guitar runs, bombastic grooves and a fair amount of breaks follow the aforementioned calmer movements, containing some great piano interludes, symphonic and orchestral arrangements and Neo Prog aesthetics with a few lovely melodies.The combination works really good in a long album, that flows easily due to its well-crafted compositions.

Once more, Scythe seem to have forced Thielen's music abilities in limited values.His unique talent finally is revealed with every release and ''Voices'' will leave every fan of contemporary Progressive Rock really satisfied.Strongly recommended...3.5 stars.

Post a review of T "Voices"