OWNER OF A LONELY HEART

Collectors/fans only

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1983

7" version

A. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (edited version) (3:50)
B. Our Song (4:16)

12" version

A. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Special "Red & Blue" Remix Dance version) (7:50)
B1. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Edited version) (3:50)
B2. Our Song (4:16)

Search YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart lyrics

Search YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass guitars and vocals
- Trevor Rabin / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Alan White / drums, percussion, vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

Thanks to progaeopteryx for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart Music

Owner of A Lonely HeartOwner of A Lonely Heart
Indie Europe/Zoom 2010
OWNER OF A LONELY HEART CD GERMAN ATCO 1991OWNER OF A LONELY HEART CD GERMAN ATCO 1991
Audio CD$9.94 (used)
Owner of a lonely heart (1983) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']Owner of a lonely heart (1983) / Vinyl Maxi Single [Vinyl 12'']
Vinyl$3.89 (used)
Owner of a Lonely HeartOwner of a Lonely Heart
Multiple Formats · Import
Imports 2015
DVD$10.11
YES 45 RPM Owner Of a Lonely Heart / Our SongYES 45 RPM Owner Of a Lonely Heart / Our Song
ATCO
Vinyl$2.00 (used)
owner of a lonely heart / our song 45 rpm singleowner of a lonely heart / our song 45 rpm single
ATLANTIC
Vinyl$7.99 (used)

2 CD Yes and Friends Owner of a Lonely Heart Sealed USD $6.70 Buy It Now
YES - Owner Of A Lonely Heart - 1983 UK - ATCO - B 9817 USD $9.33 Buy It Now
45 RECORD 7"- YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART USD $2.60 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Lot of 3 YES 45 rpm PICTURE SLEEVES Owner Of A Lonely Heart/Love Will Find A Way USD $8.95 [0 bids]
YES Owner of a Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" 45rpm from PERU USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Owner of a Lonely Heart [Membran] by Yes Family (CD, Nov-2004, 2 Discs, Solo) USD $14.39 Buy It Now 20h 6m
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART ORIGINAL Magazine Advert Size 12" X 17" approx USD $12.07 Buy It Now 1 day
7" | YES | Owner of a lonely heart - Our song | EX MEXICO EDITION ATLANTIC USD $3.01 Buy It Now 1 day
90125 by Yes (CD, 1983 ATCO) Trevor Rabin/Owner of a Lonely Heart/Jon Anderson USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES 90125 Owner of a Lonely Heart 1983 144714 Vinyl LP Record N/M USD $7.70 Buy It Now 1 day
YES "OWNER OF A LONELY HEART" 45 PS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES 45 w/ps OWNER OF A LONELY HEART / OUR SONG ~ Atco VG++ USD $5.96 Buy It Now 1 day
YES 12" OWNER OF A LONELY HEART X 2 / OUR SONG ON ATCO RECORDS USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes: 7" Picture Disc With A. Owner Of A Lonely Heart B. Our Song 1983 Nice USD $1.99 [0 bids]
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart Black Picture Disc 1983 Vinyl NM USD $26.83 Buy It Now 2 days
YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART/ OUR SONG ATCO 7-99817 1983 45rpm 7" PIC SLEEVE NM USD $9.25 Buy It Now 2 days
YES+Owner Of A Lonely Heart+POSTER+AD+RARE ORIGINAL 1983+FRAMED+FAST GLOBAL SHIP USD $93.90 Buy It Now 2 days
YES - 90125 - ATCO 1983 (owner of a lonely heart) WITH LINER EX VINYL LP RECORD USD $3.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - 90125 - Owner Of A Lonely Heart USD $2.49 [0 bids]
Yes Owner of a lonely heart/our song 7" vinyl picture sleeve USD $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes ?- Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" Vinyl Japan P-1813 USD $8.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart Red & Blue Mix Atco UK 12" Vinyl Single Jon Anderson USD $10.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Our Song - Vinyl Record 12" Single - USD $2.67 [0 bids]
YES[ANDERSON,SQUIRE,RABIN+]: 90125 [OWNER OF A LONELY HEART,CHANGES++] FREE SHIP USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
YES FAMILY - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART, ORG 2004 GERMAN 2CD, NEW! FREE SHIPPING! USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart GER Maxi 1983 //10 USD $14.94 Buy It Now 3 days
YES - Owner Of A Lonely Heart/Our Song Oval Shaped 1983 Picture Disc B9817-P USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart 7" Ps, B/W Our Song, B9817 (Ex-/Ex, Sleeve Has A Li USD $6.70 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE 90's 80's CD POP Londonbeat MILLI VANILLI yes OWNER OF A LONELY HEART pink USD $24.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Owner Of A Lonely Heart Yes USD $25.44 Buy It Now 4 days
YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 45 RPM USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Graham Vs Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart - 12 Inch Vinyl USD $3.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" single ( ATCO - 1983) USD $4.01 [0 bids]
YES * 7" VINYL* OWNER OF A LONELY HEART * 1983 *B 9817 USD $1.33 [0 bids]
Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart 7" Shaped Pic Disc USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $19.50 Buy It Now
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" Mint- 799817 Vinyl 45 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart 12" VINYL UK Atco 1991 4 Track Original Version USD $11.93 Buy It Now 4 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart CD Dutch T2 8 Track (9302) USD $6.70 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes, Owner of a Lonely Heart/Our Song 7" 45 rpm ATCO Records 1983 USD $1.95 [0 bids]
Yes, Owner Of A Lonely Heart/Our Song 7" 45 rpm ATCO Records 1983 2 USD $1.95 [0 bids]
YES ~ OWNER OF A LONELY HEART / OUR SONG ~ 45 ~ PICTURE SLEEVE USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
YES:Owner Of A Lonely Heart-Our Song-Canada 7" 83 Atco Recording Corp.79 98177DJ USD $38.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes USD $37.44 Buy It Now 5 days
YES & FRIENDS Owner Of A Lonely Heart CD - Rick Wakeman ASIA Jon Anderson WHITE USD $3.34 [0 bids]
YES ~ 90125 VINYL RECORD LP / OWNER OF A LONELY HEART & MORE USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
YES owner of a lonely heart / our song ATCO CANADA LABEL 45 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart GER Maxi 1983 /3* USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART [MEMBRAN] NEW CD USD $36.87 Buy It Now 5 days
90125 Yes~RARE Owner Of A Lonely Heart Hype Sticker~Original Inner~VG++ Vinyl USD $20.65 Buy It Now 6 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart 12" single 1983 Atco 0-96976 vinyl w/ non-album mix USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes- 90125- Contains Owner Of A Lonely Heart - It Can Happen -Leave It -EX USD $11.95 Buy It Now 6 days
YES 90125 Japan LP Vinyl Record P-11356 Obi Insert EX!! Owner Of A Lonely Heart USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX GRAHAM VS YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART - HOUSE CD SINGLE USD $4.68 Buy It Now 7 days
YES - JON ANDERSON - MAYBE - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 4 TR EU RARE USD $14.95 Buy It Now 7 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart b/w Our Song 7 99817 7" 45rpm Vinyl VG+ USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
YES Orig 1983 "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" 45 & PS NM UNPLAYED USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
YES 90125 LP 1983 Atlantic Owner Of A Lonely Heart Vinyl Record USD $4.74 Buy It Now 7 days
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 45 RECORD RE1 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Max Graham vs. Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart 12" Data Records 2005 USD $12.07 Buy It Now 8 days
YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART - 12" EP - 7:50 REMIX DANCE VERSION - 1983 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes ?- Owner Of A Lonely Heart BRAZIL PROMO 7" Single 1983 Atlantic USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes Rare Promotional Spain 7" Owner of a lonely heart 1983 NM USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart JAPAN 7" P-1813 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart 1983 JAPAN PRESSING 7" VINYL SINGLE + PIC INSERT USD $13.41 Buy It Now 9 days
3 YES 45's - Lift Me Up / Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Leave It - VG+ to N.M. USD $8.50 Buy It Now 9 days
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART ORIGINAL ADVERT POSTER SIZE 5 MAY 1983 USD $14.75 Buy It Now 9 days
YES - Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Original 1983 UK Atco label 3-track 12" Single USD $24.15 Buy It Now 9 days
Vinyl LP Records P-11356 Yes - 90125 Owner of a lonely heart w/OBI (Japan) USD $25.90 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon Anderson Yes Rare SIGNED Vinyl LP 90125 Owner Of A Lonely Heart 1983 USD $124.99 Buy It Now 9 days
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 7" 2 TRACKS MADE IN BRAZIL 1983 USD $27.92 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes Highlights-Very Best Of CD NEW SEALED 1993 Owner Of A Lonely Heart+ USD $6.70 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes 45 Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song USD $2.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Graham Vs Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart Remixes CD 2 Single - Like New USD $9.77 Buy It Now 10 days
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart 12" Single RARE ! USD $10.74 Buy It Now 11 days
YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 4 TR UK VERY RARE CDSINGLE USD $24.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - 90125 Vinyl LP - Atco A1 90125 - EX Vinyl - Owner Of A Lonely Heart USD $10.95 Buy It Now 11 days
YES "90125" DOLBY MX PRO CASSETTE 1983 OWNER OF A LONELY HEART CHANGES USD $3.19 Buy It Now 11 days
YES ___90125___12" Vinyl LP ORIGINAL 1983 Atlantic Owner Of A Lonely Heart VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
special order RARE 90's 80's CD MILLI VANILLI yes OWNER OF A LONELY HEART pink USD $17.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MAX GRAHAM vs YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 12 INCH SINGLE / VINYL / RECORD / 45 USD $9.38 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart Atlantic 784999 1985 45RPM Single NM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - OWNER OF A LONELY HEART REMIX DANCE VERSION - NEAR MINT 12" USD $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart 2 mixes , Our Song Us 12" USD $17.99 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - Owner Of A Lonely Heart - 1983 UK 2-track 7" Vinyl Single USD $12.07 Buy It Now 12 days
Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes & Friends (CD 2008 UK Release) Used USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
YES "OWNER OF A LONELY HEART"REMIX 12" ATCO 33 1/3 0-96976 B/W EDITED VERSION/O USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART JAPAN USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Rock 45 YES Owner of a Lonely Heart on Atco USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
45 record, Yes, Owner of a Lonely Heart & Our Song, Atco USD $4.49 Buy It Now 13 days
90125, Yes, CD 1983, Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Changes, Hold On, It Can Happen USD $2.70 Buy It Now 13 days
YES FAMILY OWNER OF A LONELY HEART CD 9 TRACKS BY YES/JON ANDERSON/CHRIS SQUIRE/ USD $12.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart 12" Single LP Classic Rock Doors Led Zeppelin RARE USD $30.00 Buy It Now 14 days
MAX GRAHAM vs YES_Owner Of A Lonely Heart_CD single CDS_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $9.20 Buy It Now 14 days
7" Single P/S 45 - YES - Owner Of a Lonely Heart - 1983 - Brazil USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
YES '90125 / OWNER OF A LONELY HEART' PICTURE DISC NEW VINYL LP 2017 / RSD USD $26.83 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes - 90125 - cassette (1983) WEA Int'l - Owner of a Lonely Heart, Hold On, More USD $8.04 Buy It Now 14 days
CYBER MONDAY SPECIAL Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart 45 RPM USD $2.00 Buy It Now 14 days
YES * 45 * Owner Of A Lonely Heart * 1983 * VG+/ VG++ B side BAD * USA ORIGINAL USD $2.00 Buy It Now 14 days
YES 1983 45 RPM RECORD OWNER OF A LONELY HEART OUR SONG 7" ATCO USD $8.49 Buy It Now 14 days
YES - Owner Of A Lonely Heart 7" vinyl single in Picture Sleeve 1983 B 9817 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart ratings distribution

YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Superflouous

This was of course the single which found a whole new audience for Yes, and effectively served as their cross-over song. It's fair to say this was not a deliberate decision by the band, the song originating from sessions with Trevor Rabin which were not initially intended to result in a Yes album. Notable absentees are Steve Howe, who had taken up his role with Asia at the time, and Rick Wakeman whose place was filled by his predecessor Tony Kaye.

The song itself is a fine piece of melodic rock, with a solid rhythm, and a killer hook. It may not be prog for the prog purists, but it did serve to bring Yes to the attention of the masses, and thus revive interest in their back catalogue.

There are three tracks in total on this 12 inch single. "Our song" is taken straight from the "90125" album. The B side is entirely occupied by a "red and blue remix" of "Owner of a lonely heart". This extended dub version would have fitted in well on The "Yes remixes" album, indeed, it may have been the inspiration for it. It is though, a tediously dull and uninteresting hatchet job which simply repeats the main theme ad-nauseum. Various superfluous effects are thrown in, but despite its length, there is nothing of interest here at all.

Good song, but this release for collectors only.

Review by Australian
2 stars This is the other version of the "Owner of a Lonely Heart" single which comes with a version of "Our Song" well as "Red and Blue" version of "Owner of a Lonely" Heart. Take these tracks away and you essentially get the Promo single, except the promo EP comes with the version where Trevor Rabin's guitar solo is still included. Anyway this version is much easier to find as doesn't have as much of a collectors appeal than the promo single. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is Yes's most well know song as it hit Number 1 in America and stayed there for quite some time. It is ALWAYS played at Yes gigs and it is, I dare say the easiest Yes song to recall and recite. For this very reason it has struck with people more than any other song by the band. This is the crowing achievement of Rabin! As I mentioned earlier this EP has little appeal to anyone, you are better off getting "90125" to be honest. I'll give this two stars on account of the "red and blue" version of "Owner of a Lonely Heart." Collectors/fans only
Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I guess that the target group for this EP from the album "90125" were the discotheques for the inclusion of an extended remix of "Owner". This version has been released since then on the extended version of "90125". Like I said in my review of the album, this version is absolute crap. Disgusting from start to finish. The original "Owner" (slightly edited here) on the contrary is a good song. Great tempo, fresh and funny. "Our Song" is another good track of the album : good rocking tune with nice vocal harmonies (even if it is a commercial tune, created to please the FM stations probably). This EP is absolutely useless now since the only two listenable tracks are already available on the album. Two stars.
Review by progaardvark
1 stars In addition to the Owner of a Lonely Heart single, Yes also released an EP featuring a special "red & blue" dance remix of the song. Clearly this release was intended for the dance clubs at the time and like most songs that had this treatment, it is just plain terrible from beginning to end. They basically took an okay pop song and turned it into a throbbing headache. I can't recommend this to anybody except for collectors of rare 12-inch singles and EPs of prog bands making crappy music AND who also only want to put it in their collection and NEVER listen to it. Trust me on this one. It really is that bad. One star, less if possible.
Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars "You've got to want to succeed"

Owner Of A Lonely Heart is one of my least favourite Yes songs of all time. Unfortunately it is also the band's most widely known song by far. It is indeed hard to find anyone who hasn't heard it!

The song is the opening track on the 1983 album 90125 and was also released as a single to promote that album. The single contains an edited version of the song which runs for just under four minutes while the album version is about half a minute longer. The b-side of the single is Our Song, also taken from 90125. The latter is a decent song but since it is the same as on the album, it is of no added value here.

The 12" version has in addition to the same two tracks mentioned above also a special Dance Remix of the title song which runs to almost eight minutes. As if the regular version wasn't bad enough, this aimless remix is hard to listen to and deserves at most a single listen by a curious and devoted fan. But it is really best forgotten altogether!

If you have the 90125 album, there is nothing here worth seeking out.

Post a review of YES "Owner Of A Lonely Heart"