Progenesi - Ulisse: L'Alfiere Nero CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars Thanks for setting up the thread, Todd! ★An unbelievably flawless album, considering the production age★ At first listening, one would inevitably think of ELP, obviously from their keyboards. But if you listen to this album more than three times, you would come to discover the diverse musicial elements and the depth of this concept album. (ELP didn't use the guitar and strings as effective than these guys...) The arrangement is excellent for a new emerging band. Yes, they adopt much from Baltok, but don't forget this is an Italian band! The joyous opening number 'La gioa della pace' clearly demonstrates the uplifting spirit of the band. (This number has been my recent music in the morning. Makes me so happy on my way to work!) The 'Notte' series could be called a suite in a way. Elegantly flows, but occasionally spiced with modernism. Virtually, it is difficult to find any major flaw in this album...just perfect!!! Maybe some additional explanation is needed for those without the knowledge of Ulysses. Still, I would prefer they continue this instrumental way, with no vocals. One of the rare uplifting album this year!
YoshiPK | 4/5 |