Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back CD (album) cover

Peter Gabriel

5 stars A VERY wonderful album indeed. There is an excellent cover of "Philadelphia" by Neil Young from the "Philadelphia" soundtrack, which Peter contributed to, so if the proposed "response" album, tentatively called "I'll Scratch Yours" does materialize, hopefully Neil will cover "Love Street". I was also happy to see him cover Randy Newman, an artist he has referenced ever since "Waiting For the Big One" on "Car". I would also like to have seen him do justice to "A Whiter Shade of Pale", since he used to cover it when he first went solo, and I also would have liked a version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", since he covered that as well. Still, his cover of Radiohead is wonderful (and they may cover "Wallflower" apparently), and Peter doing Elbow????...!!! This one is a keeper.
boe_a | 5/5 |