Disharmonic Orchestra - Expositionsprophylaxe CD (album) cover

Disharmonic Orchestra

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

2 stars "Expositionsprophylaxe" is the debut full-length studio album by Austrian death metal/ grindcore act Disharmonic Orchestra. Much like the two preceeding releases by the band, "Expositionsprophylaxe" features a pretty simple and at times noisy take on the genre. The avant garde tag that Disharmonic Orchestra earned with their 2nd full-length studio album "Not to be Undimensional Conscious (1992)", canīt be used to explain how "Expositionsprophylaxe" sounds. There are experimental parts on the album but the basic style is simple death metal/ grindcore. An example of the more experimental nature of the music can be heard in a track like "Disharmonisation". The music is overall a bit too primitive and generic and the weak production doesnīt help much either. The drums are way too high in the mix and have a funny sound while the guitar totally drowns.

I listened to "Expositionsprophylaxe" back in the early nineties. A friend of mine had the album on LP and he got me a cassette copy which I listened to on occasion. It never did much for me though and listening to "Expositionsprophylaxe" again after all these years doesnīt help much on my initial impression. A 2 star rating is warranted.

UMUR | 2/5 |