The Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance CD (album) cover

A QUESTION OF BALANCE

The Moody Blues

UMUR
3 stars A Question of Balance is the sixth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act The Moody Blues. Because of problems with re-creating their heavily over-dubbed recent studio material in a live environment the group decided that the songs on A Question of Balance should have a more stripped down instrumentation and sound.

The music is still unmistakably The Moody Blues though. Pleasant vocals and harmonies, mellotron and flute as usual. All songs are good but Melancholy man does stand out for me as a favorite.

The musicianship is good and the production is warm and pleasant.

For me this is another 3 star album from The Moody Blues but they still need to convince me that they can make exceptional music. Too few of the songs on this album stand out as being adventurous or excellent IMO. Another average album and I´m beginning to think that I will never find more than average enjoyment with this band´s music.

UMUR | 3/5 |