Meshuggah - Chaosphere CD (album) cover

CHAOSPHERE

Meshuggah

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

poito
1 stars One thing surprises me all the time and it is the wonder capacity of the brain to discriminate things. Such extreme sensitivity capable of sensing half a gram in a hand, or half a note in a song, or one album by Meshuggah from another. It seems all is in the training. I mean, I am able to see the differences between tracks, but still can't see what the purpose of such differences is. I would say the emotional charge is in the bulk, not in the details. And I doubt the composing of the details takes more than 10 minutes to figure out. I even wonder why some tracks last more than others, and what puzzle me to madness in this album, is why should a track last for 15 min , 'Elastic'; is it an experiment to check if a brain will explode without a rest for that long? Six full minutes of monotone noise followed by 5 min of full instrumental blast seem to me an attempt to breach skulls. Now, the question is, who is it targeting? The listeners or the rest of the world?
poito | 1/5 |