Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve CD (album) cover

DESTROY ERASE IMPROVE

Meshuggah

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

poito
2 stars If I was 14, I would probably worship Meshuggah, but all we had then was Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath. Not bad umm. Lucky I was. Ok, ok, I admit it; I see the differences of this band with other crap death metal extreme whatever: They don't shout all the time? but almost. Two things can be said; one, these lads are or pretend to be angry (so am I because of the human stupidity and the massive corruption of leaders), and two, they discharge tons of adrenaline. Good for them. I wish I could, but I can only try writing reviews. But is insufficient, and every now and then I still refresh my 14's and listen stuff like Meshuggah, in small dosage though. It is a catharsis that is necessary when you are back from the job where the crooked boss plays the big smiley man while infecting all people nearby, or later on when watching the news on TV to realize that those in command are happily committed to make of this planet a cesspool unstoppably headed to disaster. Or you may also use it in your car when entering the parking lot in your work place and there is someone nearby that you would like he/she to know this is not a good day to mesh with you. It worksĄ And after philosophy, back to the MESH. They have good instrumentalists, and the making of music uses the classic elements of rock though morphed into full distortion guitar, shouting voices, and briskly unconstructed riffs. A couple of tracks get out of the script, as "Sublevels", but no need to stop by. I might spare "Rituals", just to keep one alive. Nearly all tracks have same structure and same taste. As with other screamer bands and sound sputters, as Metallica, they could record a dozen albums per day. This is not bad, you know, creativity has no limits. And yes, spite of the valve of scape good services to the world, the musical value of the de-compositions is what we all know, no need to mention. Do we? Ok ok, it is in the album cover.
poito | 2/5 |