Sparks - Propaganda CD (album) cover

PROPAGANDA

Sparks

poito
2 stars I tried this along with the former release KIMONO to have a real taste of this band, since my first picks turned out to be great prog albums LIL'BETHOVEN and HIPPOPOTAMUS. And it confirmed what I've been reading about the Mael's brothers music. It is music for the fun, they don't take seriously what they are doing, or maybe they do, and that's just how they are. But they have a great potential for creation and amazing sensitivity (that you can find in those other albums). It is OK, I mean, I won't criticize them but that is not what I'm looking for in music. Anyway, this album includes a few interesting themes that escaped their humoristic filter and go farther away, as Bon Voyage. It is a crime these guys don't use their talent for creation.
poito | 2/5 |