Metallica - Ride The Lightning CD (album) cover

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Metallica

poito
2 stars 2.5 As usual with this band, the themes are flat, a fast smashing beat and a guitar riff not particularly creative. It is difficult to find musical values, anything new, original, or imaginative. It is obvious the band does not have such skills. It is probably the less creative band in the heavy metal scene. Meat for angry teens. In this album, at least we may find some effort in thath they dare to include some acoustic notes and some themes with a structure other than a fast pounding beat. Even, some interesting themes, like the For Whom The Bell Tolls and the almost acoustic Fade to Black. No fireworks anyway. I have this idea that Metallica has been included in PA because some consider it had an influence on Dream Theater, a truly prog metal band. That is a very poor reason, and if that were true, it is not something DT may be proud of, and doesn't need it. I mean, we all were sinners back then, don't we?
poito | 2/5 |