Marillion - Fugazi CD (album) cover

FUGAZI

Marillion

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
4 stars This world is totally fugazi!

Fugazi is my favourite Fish-era Marillion album. Compared to the, in my opinion, very overrated Script For A Jester's Tear, Fugazi is much darker, harder edged, more progressive, more original, more focused and it displays a wider set of influences including Folk and World Music. More space is allowed for instrumental work outs, while Script For A Jester's Tear was very focused on the vocals. There are much better keyboard and guitar solos here.

Further, both Script For A Jester's Tear and Misplaced Childhood has some weak tracks. Some of the songs on Script For A Jester's Tear lacks melody in my opinion and Misplaced Childhood has the sugary Pop ballads Kayleigh/Lavender, two songs that I just cannot stand!

It is a bit of a mystery to me why Script For A Jester's Tear and Misplaced Childhood are so highly regarded while Fugazi comes so far behind. For me, as I have said, Fugazi is by far the strongest album.

Fugazi is an excellent addition to any (Neo)-Prog collection

SouthSideoftheSky | 4/5 |