Greenslade - Greenslade CD (album) cover

Greenslade

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
3 stars A little green man

Dave Greenslade was the keyboard player in Colosseum before he formed this band named after him. The eye-catching Roger Dean art work and the fact that the band relies heavily on keyboards is perhaps enough to make Greenslade interesting for many Prog fans. This reviewer is no exception. Though, some people falling into this category might be disappointed by this album. The closest comparison is probably with Rick Wakeman's solo albums and with Emerson, Lake & Palmer. But compared to those two, Greenslade is on the lighter side progressive Rock.

I like this band, but I don't love them. I think their albums are good, but none of them are great. I enjoy all the albums by Greenslade, but they fail to really excite me. It is good, neither more nor less.

Recommended for fans of keyboard-driven progressive Rock, but it is hardly among the best of its kind.

SouthSideoftheSky | 3/5 |