Cobalt Blue - Stop Momentum CD (album) cover

STOP MOMENTUM

Cobalt Blue

Psychedelic/Space Rock

javajeff
3 stars I like Psychedelic/Space Rock, so this is a natural album for me to review. Cobalt Blue crosses more genres than just those two, and I am a sucker for some standout bass grooves which they have on every track. Stop Momentum is a solid album with a whole lot to love. There are time when I felt like I was listening to Motorpsycho, and then they mix in some samples and effects and go super spacey. Other times they go unbelievably frantic loading in trumpets and a sax. Other times they verge on Progressive Metal with some heavy rifts. I can say with complete certainty that Track 7, Dweller of The Sevenfold, is THE BOMB. The album ends very strong with Circadian Clock and Luciferase. I do not have anything in my collection that sounds like them, so this is a very new and fresh experience. I love the horns! Progressive Rock lives in Brazil.
javajeff | 3/5 |