Forest - Full Circle CD (album) cover

FULL CIRCLE

Forest

Prog Folk

UMUR
3 stars Forestīs second album Full Circle is a very nice folky prog rock album. This is another genre I donīt know much about, but a guy I meet at the public libary in the city where I live recommended Forest to me, so I thought to myself what the hell Iīll give it a try. Let me tell you something right away, these albums are very hard to get and if you find an LP version itīll cost you dearly. Well I found a CD version and Iīm glad I did as Forest is a really good band.

The music isnīt traditional folk rock but more of a blend between folk rock and pshychadelic sixties rock and a few prog rock tendencies. Personally I like the more sombre songs like Bluebell Dance and To Julie the most. Especially because of the wonderful guitar playing in those songs. Graveyard is a great song too. But overall the quality in the compositions are very high. Forest uses a lot of instruments in the songs like: mandolin, whistle, harmonica, violin, cello, piano, harmonium, electric harpsichord and percussion in addition to guitar and bass. There are no drums on the album. This of course adds to the variation between the songs and keep this album exciting the whole playing time. The singing is rather special and takes some getting used to.

The sound is really good and again I really enjoy the guitar and how it sounds.

This is a really good album and Iīll rate it 3 stars even though this is not my style of music. Itīs really good though and I enjoyed it and I even think itīs a bit different than other things I have heard in the genre.

UMUR | 3/5 |