Theory In Practice - Third Eye Function CD (album) cover

THIRD EYE FUNCTION

Theory In Practice

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

UMUR
2 stars The debut album from Theory in Practice called Third Eye Function is the last album I heard from this tech death metal band. I think both the Armageddon Theories and Colonizing the Sun are good Tech death metal albums. Especially The Armageddon Theories calls for repeated listening in my ears. This album is not quite as impressive though. It´s obvious to hear that this is a debut album.

The sound quality is not very good, and I especially dislike the crunchy guitar sound. It´s not sharp enough for this kind of music. The musicians are pretty good but I don´t particularly like the drummer Henrik Ohlsson. I think he seems a bit untight.

The compositions are basically death metal with tech metal tendencies and I know a lot of albums in this genre that I would rather listen to than this one. It´s just too generic and not innovative enough. Lots of things happen in the songs, but it´s poorly executed and I have forgotten the songs as soon as the album is over.

This is only a 2 star album for me and I would recommend that you listen to Theory In Practise second album The Armageddon Theories instead if you´re curious about the band.

UMUR | 2/5 |