Big Big Train - Folklore CD (album) cover

FOLKLORE

Big Big Train

javajeff
5 stars It comes as no surprise to me that Big Big Train releases another high quality album since I have been a fan for years. I think they have an incredible artistic sense when composing and creating new music, and they are not swayed by others. They always seem to produce something that fits perfectly into their catalog of albums. Folklore is not revolutionary, but perhaps evolutionary. They have a found a groove writing very mature songs, and there are times on Folklore where the stories and lyrics really brought me in along with David Longdon's stellar vocals. Of course there is excellent musicianship making this an absolutely superb release. It is a must own album for music lovers. The standout tracks, if I had to pick some, would be London Plane, Brooklands, and Telling the Bees. There are no bad tracks on this album, and it will be enjoyed for years.
javajeff | 5/5 |