Beggars Opera - Act One: Beggars Opera CD (album) cover

ACT ONE: BEGGARS OPERA

Beggars Opera

UMUR
3 stars I found this pretty entertaining, even though it isnīt my favorite style. Beggars Opera plays prog rock which is driven very much by Alan Parkīs organ. He is a great organ player, and some of the organ parts are played very very fast. Itīs pretty astonishing really.

The other members of the band also play well, and singer Martin Griffiths has a great voice for this kind of music. The music is kind of humorous and as you can see on the cover this is not the kind of band that takes themselves too seriously ( I love the cover). The music is not too silly though, and they donīt loose to much of their integrity in silly affairs.

Iīll give this album 3 stars for the magnificent musicianship, but I wonīt give it more as I find some of the instrumental passages too long and improvised. This is not to my taste, but if you like these kind of instrumental parts with lots of organ soli, this might be the thing for you. The quality is high throughout the album. No fillers.

UMUR | 3/5 |