Split Enz - Mental Notes CD (album) cover

MENTAL NOTES

Split Enz

UMUR
2 stars Split Enz play symphonic prog rock inspired by the greats like Genesis, Yes and Camel. It´s all very nice and unfortunately pretty predictable.

To be honest this is second or third division prog rock. There is nothing wrong with the execution though, the musisians are competent enough. The songs are too generic and I´d say this is only for the all eating prog rock fan.

One of the problems I have with Split Enz is their singer Timothy Finn. I think he is far too theatrical in his way of singing. But the biggest problem with the album is that I don´t really remember any of the songs once the album has finished. I had to listen to the album again and again to be sure I wasn´t missing something.

2 stars are enough for this very forgettable piece of prog rock.

UMUR | 2/5 |