Manning - Guy Manning: Tall Stories For Small Children CD (album) cover

GUY MANNING: TALL STORIES FOR SMALL CHILDREN

Manning

UMUR
2 stars Iīve just finished listening to Tall Stories for Small Children, and quite frankly I am not too impressed. The musicians are very competent though so itīs not here there is a problem. Itīs even worse because itīs with the compositions themselves I feel the problem lies. The music is very keyboard laden and Guy sounds like a cross between Ian Anderson and Roine Stolt. This is pretty melancholic which is something I normally like, but not particularly here and I will tell you why. It sounds pathetic to me and if there is something I donīt like itīs pathetic sounding music.

Everything on here has been heard before. No chances are taken and itīs just all too mediocre to me. I donīt remember anything from this album once it is finished. To the all eating prog head this might be worth purchasing, but to those of us who wants just slighty innovative and different music this is not very interesting. The sound quality is not very good either.

2 stars for the good musicians