Druid - Fluid Druid CD (album) cover

FLUID DRUID

Druid

UMUR
3 stars Iīll make it clear from the start. Druid is nothing more than a Yes clone band. There I said it. I know every other reviewer of this album have said the exact same thing, but it really is true. The singer puts stress on the words the same way Jon Anderson does, the guitarist plays somewhat similar to early Yes and the bassist is a great fan of Criss Squire for sure. There is nothing wrong with the musicians here, they are all very skilled, but for the life of me I canīt understand how skilled musicians like Druid would wanīt to make a ripp-off of Yes. There is no need to. When you got skills like Druid you should be able to make original music. Druid was in the seventies what the Dream Theater clones are today: Skilled bands without the least bit of originality.

I wonīt comment on the songs as they are all very nicely composed and played, but only warn you that if you think this will make a nice addition to your Yes collection, donīt go down that road. This will dissapoint you greatly. Itīs like a christmas tree made out of plastic, it looks like a real tree, but it sure as hell doesnīt smell like one.

So what should I give this album. My personal opinion would be 2 stars, as I think this is a poor plagiat of Yes, but looked upon objectively this is very well done in terms of musicianship and composition and it deserves 3 stars.

UMUR | 3/5 |