Martigan - Vision CD (album) cover

VISION

Martigan

poito
5 stars I don't get to understand the poor reception this masterpiece had in PA. This is an album quite underrated, in my view. More so if we keep in mind what is being done at the time. Actively ignored or mistreated by honorary and special collaborators, hummm, puzzling. There are hundreds unjustified 5 stars out there. I leave that here. The album has no breakthroughs, guitar or keyboard virtuosos, but everyone works for the group, which is an obligatory ingredient in the formula to success, and the final product is simply perfect. One of the best pieces of neoclassical prog we'll ever have the chance to enjoy. It can be considered an orchestral oeuvre in its own merit. Don't get fooled by the catchy melody of the opener, skip it if you feel it too flourished or familiar and go ahead, from the third track "Snapshots" to the eight "Red & green" all tracks are fused and make up a great long composition full of flavors and musical surprises. Some have criticized the excessive length. But the album gets more and more interesting as it advances. So, where is the problem if it lasts forever? We're always complaining of the music that we lost when the greats disbanded, don't we? Then why don't sit back and enjoy when others take the elements and keep on it? Would you delete early Marillion? Sure you won't. Besides, the way this people compose, and how they play with tempos, I dare to say it is not to the reach of all worshiped superbands, not in this century. Oliver Rebhan is fantastic at the keyboards, and amongst other jewels he leave for us some Supertramp-ish piano solos, and Bisch too in the guitar, drums are great and the bass is in its site, and both add to the music; even voices, which I usually skip, are of the story-teller type, expressive and emotional (Fish-like). This is a really enjoyable piece of prog-music with all ingredients, a compositional pearl not to miss.
poito | 5/5 |