Psychotic Waltz - Bleeding CD (album) cover

BLEEDING

Psychotic Waltz

UMUR
4 stars The fourth and final album from the brilliant band Psychotic Waltz is the most normally structured and metal like album. It´s also the weakest in my ears ( only weak compared to the other three albums by the band). I know other people think this is a masterpiece so maybe it´s just me.

I still find this album to be essential for prog heads though and will give it 4 stars.

As mentioned before the songs are much more vers, chorus, vers, chorus like than on the previous albums, and the general riffing are much more heavy metal inspired. This said there are still some fantastic songs on Bleeding ( if it doesn´t bother you with the radio rock structure in the songs you might even find the album better than I do). Songs like Locust, Bleeding and Nothern Lights are really good songs. But all songs are good. There are no fillers.

This was the end for Psychotic Waltz and from the development this album shows, I think it was for the best. I don´t think the fans would have appreciated the next album if it was any less prog than this one. This one is still fairly prog though and essential.

UMUR | 4/5 |